Total Smile Makeover in Midtown East Manhattan NYC
Full mouth reconstruction, full mouth rehabilitation and full mouth restoration are terms often used interchangeably to describe the process of rebuilding or simultaneously restoring all of the teeth in both the upper and lower jaws.
The need for full mouth reconstruction may result from:
- Teeth that have been lost due to decay or trauma.
- Teeth that have been injured or fractured.
- Teeth that have become severely worn as a result of long-term acid erosion (foods, beverages, acid reflux) or tooth grinding.
- Ongoing complaints of jaw, muscle, and headache pain requiring adjustments to the bite (occlusion).
What Procedures Are Needed for Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Dr. Doris Giraldo specializes on full mouth reconstruction and can determine what procedures are needed for your specific case. Other treatments may also be available, so ask Dr. Giraldo about all possible procedures that might be required for your case and under what circumstances.
Most full mouth reconstructions involve multiple phases and office visits. The following procedures may be involved, depending on your needs:
- Prophylactic teeth cleaning and periodontal care.
- Crown lengthening to expose healthy, sound tooth structure for possible dental crowns or bridges.
- Contouring of gum tissue to create balance and harmony in your smile.
- Preparation (reduction) of your natural tooth structure so crowns, bridges, or veneers can be placed.
- Placement of temporary restorations so you can become accustomed to your new teeth and the feel of your new mouth or bite alignment.
- Placement of permanent restorations, such as crowns, veneers, inlays/onlays, or bridges, made from ceramic, ceramic supported by metal, or a combination of both.
- Orthodontics in order to move your teeth into the optimal position for reconstruction.
- Implant placement and restoration to replace missing teeth and/or anchor bridge restorations.
- Bone or soft tissue grafting to enhance the stability of your teeth, proposed dental implants and/or other restorations.