Laser dentistry can be a precise and effective way to perform many dental procedures. The potential for laser dentistry to improve dental procedures rests in the hands of Dr. Doris Giraldo. If you consider yourself somewhat of an anxious dental patient, laser dentistry is the way to go. Laser dentistry techniques are extremely safe, comfortable, and drill-free. Dr. Giraldo is always on the cutting edge of dentistry. She is constantly looking for ways to keep up with the latest technology in the dental field. Waterlase dentistry cuts hard and soft tissue without heat, vibration, or pressure, unlike the traditional drill. Dr. Giraldo can perform most procedures with fewer shots and less anesthesia, because the laser causes little or no pain. Other major benefits are the reduction of bleeding, post-operative pain, swelling, and need for pain medication.
What Is Waterlase Dentistry?
Waterlase Dentistry uses a patented combination of laser energy and water—a process called HydroPhotonics. Lasers have been the standard of care for many surgical and cosmetic procedures such as hair removal, LASIK, and wrinkle removal. The Waterlase was approved more than ten years ago for hard tissue procedures and has been cleared for numerous additional dental procedures since then.
Benefits of Waterlase Dentistry
- Fewer Dental Visits! Since you may not need shots or anesthesia, Dr. Giraldo may be able to perform cavity preparations in several areas of your mouth at one visit.
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require sutures (stitches).
- Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia.
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized.
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.
What Are Some Procedures that Can be Performed with a Waterlase?
- Tooth, bone and gum procedures
- Decay removal
- Cavity preparation
- General dentistry for enamel and dentin
- Root canals
- Smile design
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Laser Bacterial Reduction
Laser Bacterial Reduction treatments can reduce or eliminate bacteremias, cross-contamination, potential periodontal infections, severity of other diseases, and can improve overall health and boost your immune system.
Lasers can treat oral growths, frenectomies, periodontal gum issues, cold sores, fever blisters, and cavities.