Full mouth reconstruction involves the process of rebuilding or simultaneously restoring all of the teeth in both the upper and lower jaws.
The need for full mouth reconstruction may result from:
- Teeth that have been lost due to decay or trauma.
- Teeth that have been injured or fractured.
- Teeth that have become severely worn as a result of long-term acid erosion (foods, beverages, acid reflux) or tooth grinding.
- Ongoing complaints of jaw, muscle, and headache pain requiring adjustments to the bite (occlusion)
A full mouth reconstruction can seem daunting at first, but with a professional dental team at your back, the process can be much smoother and more efficient than you might think. With years of experience in the dental industry, Dr. Doris Giraldo and her team are confident that they can help you with even the most complicated full mouth reconstruction procedures. If you feel that you might be an ideal candidate for full mouth reconstruction, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team today to schedule a consultation. Alternatively, you’re free to ask us more questions if you’re unsure if a full mouth reconstruction is a good option for you.
Am I a candidate for full mouth reconstruction?
If you’re facing serious dental health issues then a full mouth reconstruction could be the solution for your problems. In most cases, a candidate for full mouth reconstruction would be someone that:
- Is dealing with serious periodontal disease
- Experiences facial and jaw pain on a regular basis
- Has many damaged or fractured teeth
- Is facing severe decay and erosion in their teeth
- Has extremely sensitive teeth that cause headaches
- Experienced an injury that led to tooth loss
- Is facing a serious dental injury
A full mouth reconstruction involves many different procedures. As such, it’s only recommended for people who are experiencing serious issues with their dental health. It’s a good idea to speak to us if you’re interested in a full mouth reconstruction. Our team will be able to detail a full dental procedure plan that can help you reach your dental health goals. Whether it’s simply beautifying your smile or helping you fight periodontal disease, our team is happy to personalize the level of care you receive. If our team deems it necessary to help you carry out a full mouth reconstruction, then we’ll notify you during your consultation.
What procedures are needed for full mouth reconstruction?
Dr. Giraldo specializes in full mouth reconstruction and can determine what procedures are needed for your specific case. Other treatments may also be available, so ask Dr. Giraldo about all possible procedures that might be required for your case and under what circumstances.
Most full mouth reconstructions involve multiple phases and office visits. The following procedures may be involved, depending on your needs:
- Prophylactic teeth cleaning and periodontal care.
- Crown lengthening to expose healthy, sound tooth structure for possible dental crowns or bridges.
- Gum contouring to create balance and harmony in your smile.
- Preparation (reduction) of your natural tooth structure so crowns, bridges, or porcelain veneers can be placed.
- Placement of temporary restorations so you can become accustomed to your new teeth and the feel of your new mouth or bite alignment.
- Placement of permanent restorations, such as crowns, veneers, inlays/onlays, or bridges, made from ceramic, ceramic supported by metal, or a combination of both.
- Orthodontics such as Invisalign in order to move your teeth into the optimal position for reconstruction.
- Implant placement and restoration to replace missing teeth and/or anchor bridge restorations.
- Bone grafting or soft tissue grafting to enhance the stability of your teeth, proposed dental implants and/or other restorations.
Depending on the current condition of your teeth, a full mouth reconstruction may need to be completed over a series of procedures. However, if your teeth aren’t suffering from too many different issues, then it’s completely possible to be done with a full reconstruction in just a handful of treatments. We understand that it can be daunting to think about visiting our dental office for so many different procedures, but with our friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere, we’re confident that you’ll be comfortable throughout the entire process.
If you have any questions regarding our full mouth reconstruction services or if you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to contact our team at New Dimension Dentistry today for more information. We’d be happy to put you at ease or schedule you for a consultation so you can learn more about the process of a full mouth reconstruction and the procedures involved.
Is there a long recovery process for full mouth reconstruction?
The recovery process will greatly depend on the procedures involved. Dr. Giraldo and her team of experts will make every effort to reduce the amount of time it takes to recover by only using necessary procedures that provide the most benefit for your full mouth reconstruction.
However, regardless of how many procedures it takes to achieve a full mouth reconstruction, our experts will be with you the entire way to guide you through post-operative care. We’ll discuss all of the right actions to take in order to help you recover faster and we’ll also provide information regarding recommended medications to take and dietary changes to make.
Each patient undergoes a different recovery process that is unique to the individual. At New Dimension Dentistry, we pride ourselves on a focused approach to individual patient care, meaning you’re guaranteed to get the best post-operative support we can offer. No matter the challenges you experience after your full mouth reconstruction, we’ll be there to assist you every step of the way until you have fully recovered.
Why choose New Dimension Dentistry?
Dr. Giraldo is one of the best dentists in Midtown East NYC and also the owner of New Dimension Dentistry. With decades of experience in the industry and a loyal following of happy patients, she has grown a reputation for being one of the most considerate, friendly and skilled practitioners around.
She leads her professional team of dental staff at New Dimension Dentistry to provide a full range of dental services to all patients. Whether it’s cosmetic dentistry, implants, full mouth reconstruction or even just hygiene sessions, we’re confident that we can offer you an outstanding level of service no matter what your needs are.
Our goal is to provide every one of our patients with a high-quality dental service that utilizes the latest dental technology. By mastering these modern dental techniques, we can provide our patients with quick, efficient and flexible treatments using state-of-the-art technologies. We also place a heavy focus on providing personalized care to each patient. This ensures that every patient is getting the right level of care to meet their dental needs.
Schedule a consultation today
If you’re interested in a full mouth reconstruction or any other dental services that we offer, get in touch with our team at New Division Dentistry today. We’ll provide you with a full consultation so that you can better understand the implications of a full mouth reconstruction, the procedures involved and the outcomes that you can expect. Alternatively, you’re also welcome to contact us about your dental concerns or other procedures that we offer.